Jul 23, 2018

DAMN, DRAT, AND PHOOEY

Surgery tomorrow on Buzzy at 9:30 in the morning. The nurse practioner doesn't like numbers she's seeing from labwork, and is convinced that Buzzy is somehow blocked.

I think it has more to do with her own performance review and that numbers on a page sometimes have nothing to do with how I actually feel, but I'm nothing if not compliant. Besides...I respect the uniform and years of training she has beyond my own, so off I go.

But I'm still mad about it.

My days "off" are so very precious to me that I resent anything that takes them away from me, even though I know that sometimes I need to be a big girl...pull'em up...and just get on with it without complaint.

So that's it for now. Today I need to pack my snacks, comb my hair, and go have a good treatment followed by a salad and some stitching.  

Tomorrow will get here soon enough...

10 comments:

  1. Oh Coni, sorry that Buzzy isn't up to snuff! Hope today's chair session proves to be a good one for you. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had such a rough time with all of this. I wish that transplant would happen already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni. So hoping that today is a good day for you and that Buzzy starts behaving itself!
    A salad and some stitching later on sounds like a lovely way to wind up the day. Fingers crossed for all of the aforementioned! 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you through today and tomorrow's procedure. Your
    attitude, even the phooey, bespeaks of your valiant spirit. Your take on the NP may be spot on... Enjoy the
    salad, stitching and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lousy news! ...but hoping this may be the fix Buzzy needs to make him cooperate going forward. Today, bury yourself in your stitching, and on Wednesday, you can give yourself permission to stitch the ENTIRE DAY! It's the least you deserve...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sure is a pain, both literally and figuratively! Sending well wishes and prayers that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs and prayers! Hope Buzzy gets himself fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm behind on reading blogs. I hope everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a little behind here. Who or what is Buzzy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you one bit for being mad. But I am sure you are right and she knows quite well what she is doing. :)

    ReplyDelete