Nov 17, 2017

WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT

Holy shopping carts, Batman!  We went to the Costco and joined up today and got provisions and hot dogs and lemonades and buns and toilet paper and olives with jalepenos and garlic in them and a box of spoons that will last me eight years and coffee pods and spinach dip and kleenex and Ritz crackers and paper towels and dinner napkins and pasta bowls and oh my God did I mention the hot dogs? and we got paper plates and pretzels with chocolate and caramel on them and laundry soap and juice and sparkly water and THE HOT DOGS AND LEMONADES WERE ONLY $3.21!  $3.21 for two hot dogs and two lemonades!!

('Scuse me while I go breathe into a paper bag now and calm the heck down.)

I'm pretty simple when it comes to shopping.  I buy groceries at the Martins and household goods at the Targets.  I am brand loyal, buy the same exact thing every single week and month, and usually stay carefully in budget.

But this?

This might prove to be a problem...especially if I don't take Rich with me to be the voice of reason and keep me from buying things like car batteries and chandeliers and enough dish soap to wash the apartment building exterior twice over.

Needless to say, we are sufficiently stocked up for a bit, and we even managed to get the turkey for next week.  It's safely in the fridge...doing its turkey thing until Thursday morning.  On Sunday after Mass we will pick up the other things we need for feasting, but I suspect that we will just go to the regular grocery and not opt for the eight-eight pound bag of potatoes at Costco.

Now I'm off to an early bed, Dearies.  I am going to an all day class tomorrow with my guild sisters, and I want to be bright and alert.  I don't think I've gone to bed this early since the fourth grade!




13 comments:

  1. Just remember with the Costco shopping, you need to bring your own bags and/or boxes to cart your stuff home in! And Coni, no lugging it all up to CS2 in one trip. Enjoy your class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Costco. I only go every 4 months or so and stock up on essentials (and the occasional special treat, hello sheepskin boots). Now I have enough cleaning sprays to last my entire life as I forget to check what I have before I go. But i'm getting better. However, its very seductive and I end up with a huge trolley every time. On the plus side, I never run out of kitchen wipe or toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.O.V.E. Costco!
    It's hard not to come out of there with just 1 cartful!
    Their pre-made dinners are delicious too.
    Especially the Salmon, great if you take off 2 out of 3 blobs of butter. We got 3 meals out of it for the 2 of us.
    We always get the TP, water is a good deal too.
    Most everything we've tried there is good.
    Have fun shopping there!
    And have fun at Guild today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a braver woman than I am. I get really overwhelmed with all the choices. :-o Happy Saturday! Hope you enjoy your all day class. :) Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you know when you've been retired for more then 2 years? The last 6 sweaters you bought were all from Costco. And yes, the hot dog and drink for $1.50 plus tax is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine: and all your jeans are Gloria Vanderbilt

      Delete
  6. Coni: I live across the street from Costco. We use it a lot, a real lot. Bulldozer sized carts abound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have just reminded me why I love Costco! I have missed since I moved to NC and the closest one is 45 minutes away. Now I thinking about joining again. One year I bought the most beautiful Christmas tree there that I still use. Oh and they did have a most wonderful chocolate cake in their bakery. Wonder if they still have it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do make my day with your humor and the way you look at life.
    Rich is a lucky man and we are lucky and blessed readers. Your well being is important to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine mentioned the G Vanderbilt jeans, I have some too!
    They are nice, and sometimes they have a great deal on them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. You expressed my exact feelings from the first time I stepped into a Costco last year. I have a family of 4 and I do at least 1 load of laundry a day and I bought a jug of laundry detergent that lasted me almost a year! A YEAR! Sadly the closest Costco is a province away and I have to pay a $50 tole to cross the bridge to get there but it quickly pays for the bridge fee to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, we spent $650 there yesterday. We needed wine and things went downhill from there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the best things from Costco? Bottled water!2.99 for a case. We also get cat litter(its getting harder to lift 35-42pounds tho)their brand frozen cheese pizza 4/9.99, we buy the ice cream every other week, of course the 4.99 chickens and they have a new country French bread in the bakery that is delicious. I do buy the huge potatoes sometimes because they are just the best for baking...even tho they are about a pound each. Oh, a newish product-Bibigo cooked sticky rice bowls in an 8 pack. We eat this rice at least 2-3 times a week! The best sticky rice...and I buy Japanese rice and use a rice cooker! Seriously, if your C.has them, buy them. Less than 80 cents a bowl and ready in 90 seconds-genius. Can you tell we like Costco? Just bought a new vacuum cleaner there today. $99 and works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete