Aug 20, 2017

IN WHICH WE HAVE A VERY HAPPY SURPRISE, INDEED.

My Sunday started with the same routine...wake up, stumble to the door saying "Please, please, please be there" while fervently hoping for the Sunday New York Times, opening said door to find The South Bend Tribune only, sorting meds for the week, making a cup of damn good, and then getting on the phone with my besties to report yet another missed delivery.

(For the record, we are 0-4 here at CS2, and I am seriously considering signing up for a paper route just so I can be assured to get a freakin' paper.)

My friend Barney called, and after a nice long chat I decided to head to the pool, when the phone rang again.  This time it was my sister.  She needed a place to hang out for a few hours, so we met at the house and she did a quick load of laundry while I played with Bosco.  It was unexpected...but a very happy surprise indeed.

But that wasn't the best part.

On the way back to CS2, I pulled through the Starbucks drive through to grab a smoked turkey protein box and an iced tea.  I had one last week and enjoyed it so thoroughly that I decided to try it again for a light lunch poolside.

Damn, drat, and phooey...they don't serve protein boxes on Sundays.

But do you know what they DO serve...right there with the Venti iced black tea?

The Sunday New York Times. 

Right there at the Starbucks drive through window...just like it was waiting for me to pull on in, make a healthy meal selection, and then reward me for being such a damn trooper over missing the smoked turkey protein box.

(For the record...I'm not even sure I LIKE turkey, but this is a tiny little smoked turkey sandwich on some kind of flatbread, with roasted red peppers, lettuce, swiss, and some kind of spicy spread.  They serve it in a little box with baby carrots and apple slices.)

(Can I get a round of applause, please, that THIS is a contemplated choice for me in lieu of a double cheeseburger and fries from Five Guys?!)

(What HAPPENED to me, I ask, that I'm eating protein boxes from Starbucks now instead of the left side of the menu at the Burger King!!?)

Lunch turned out to be a peanut butter bagel instead, and then I hightailed it over to the pool and did my happy manatee thing until it was time to come home and think about dinner.

Quiet, happy, blissful, Sunday in these here parts.  I'm going to get some laundry sploshing and then pick up a little more stitching before bed.

I hope that your weekend was swell and that the week ahead is full of fun.  Tomorrow is eclipse day here in the US.  Got your glasses ready?

16 comments:

  1. WOW a trip to CS1 without a breakdown - things are getting better! Are you stuck paying utilities on 2 places right now? How nice of your sister to just stop by to say hi AND you have the Sunday paper could things get any better? You use to speak of these large Sunday dinners you prepared in the CS1 - are you doing any cooking of large meals yet? Like a Sunday dinner that the left overs would last into the week? Enjoy the rest of your day & stay out of the pool tomorrow during the Eclipse you are getting so near receiving a new kidney, we wouldn't want any beings from other planets that may come our during the BIG ECLIPSE to carry you off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Sunday, Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you spent some time with your sister and Bosco. I bet he was happy to see you as well! And you found a copy of the NYT - score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stitched this a couple of years ago. It was a fun stitch, but I haven't done anything with it. Maybe you will inspire me. Have a restful Sunday.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try the egg white bites at Starbucks before 11:00am. I am obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, your sister and Bosco? Now that does my heart good. Have a great week, Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a marvelous Sunday -- a visit with your sister and Bosco, the NYTimes, and pool time. Yay, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear you had a little visit with your sister and Bosco!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great that you to visit with your sister and Bosco. I just watched the eclipse here in KY. Hope you were able to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good! sounds really like a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why does you sister only contact you when she needs a washer and dryer. Sorry to all the above, but - this just does not cut for me. I am very happy and glad that you got to see and play with Bosco. However, I have no love loss for your sister's manipulations. Where in the heck is she living that she has to contact you to get her laundry done!!!!! You deserve better than this Ms. Connie. I am now believing you have been supporting, financially, you sister, for a very long time. Shame, shame on your sister. Does she not know what she has put you through?????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    หนัง 2016

    ReplyDelete