Feb 22, 2012

WHO NEEDS A GOOD HAIR DAY WHEN YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD STITCHY DAY INSTEAD?

Ahhhh, youth. I remember when I used to wake up in the morning and pray for a good hair day.

(Considering the fact that I usually ended up in full-on RoseAnn RoseAnnaDanna mode by 10am, you can see how this could be a priority for me.)

Now, I pull all of my fuzzy messitude into a pony and try to pretend that I am sleek and polished.

(In reality, though, I'm just old and a hot mess.)

Apparently, I've moved into a new phase of life, since I now find myself saying "Oh please oh please oh please let me have a good stitchy day. Amenandthankyouverymuch."

I'm making some pretty good progress on Le Printemps. I finally figured out that one of the things that was causing me to put this one down so much (in addition to the fact that it is the size of a bedspread), was the colors. I hated them. And before you go thinking that I'm commenting on the designer, I'd like to point out that I re-colorized this one and probably would have been better off to leave that in the capable hands of the authorities. (Aunt Chrissy pulls her own hair out every time I call her and whine that I'm having "color issues", and before I know it she's over here in her pink fuzzies making the world right once again.)

This time, though, it was all me, and I think I finally fixed it.

So here's last night's results. Stewey wholeheartedly agrees with me that I'm finally on the right track with this, but he's still hoping for that good hair day.


She takes pictures of me looking like this and then wonders why I pee on the couch.

So that's the report for a Futzingday from here in Hoosierville. I do have a few answers for some of your questions about stuff upstairs, so....

Robin asked about the little wooden trays. As much as I'd love to tell you that I found them browsing in an antique store in some quaint village someplace....they're from Hobby Lobby.

Yup, Jennifer. That little sewing machine is what I was allowed to use when I first started stitching to edge my linen. Although I haven't been given express written permission to do so, I now use the big girl machine (but still furiously try to fix it without Aunt Chrissy finding out that I've broken it or screwed up all of the tread thingies once again.) The box to the bottom left is what it came it, and I think Aunt Chrissy said that she got it at the Targets.

Hey, Shar! I found the Clip It Up online at a scrapbooking supply place. I think the name of the company is called "Simply Renee", but if you Google Clip It Up, you should be able to find it without too many problems.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for writing!


11 comments:

  1. Oh, how the times and thoughts change as we get older. I remember taking TWO HOURS in the morning before school to get ready. Now I think I could be STITCHING for those two hours!!! LOL. Lovely colors for your project. And great pic of Stewey, as always. Love and kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember shopping for jeans...they had to fit just right, and be the 'cool' brand in just the right shade of blue...*looks down at her Tinkerbell jammies* Thank heaven i`m over that! More stitching time!!

    Kisses to Stewey and Bosco...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was working I use to wish I could wear all of my open toed shoes to work...now I just wish I could see my toes. Bud says to tell Stewey hi:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hun; I'm gonna go search for it now..

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Coni,
    Boy, some things never change. I went to Catholic school; ergo, choosing 'just the right outfit' was never an issue. Uniforms, don't ya know. But those blasted 'bad hair days'! Yessiree, still have 'em. Wish I could say I just wash, do a bit of blow drying and go, but, alas, 'tis not so. Futzing, as you say, is a daily occurance for me.

    I have to say that I love, love your color choices. They look to be soft--- very pretty. Look forward to seeing your finished project.

    That photo of Stewey is super. I swear, he's as cute as a bug's ear. Looking at that sweet face, it's hard to believe he misbehaves.

    -Sherry-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni,

    Thank you for the information! I quick found the photo and got the name of the sewing machine off the box. Now I am hunting for one - :) Found one one Amazon! Whoo hooo.

    How do you trim your linen with it? I love serged fabrics, but obviously this is not a serger. Do you use a straight sewing line of some sort?

    Hugs and Love to you and the gang,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stewey is just so darn cute - what else can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors, so pretty.
    And as for hair, mine is very long so up in a ponytail it goes, then into a bun and lots of hairspray to glue it to my head for the day. Trust me it wouldn't dare misbehave with all of that, which leaves me more time to stitch instead of fussing with hair.
    Poor Stewey, he looks cold. Give him a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pic of your WIP and of Stewey of course. I think the colors you are using are a very nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the colours in this actually....it looks great!! I have to ask though...WHAT is that magnet thing your needle is sticking to and HOW do I get one!? I'm forever making everyone in my house stop what they're doing because I've lost a needle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any day I have to wash my hair is a bad hair day!! And some days I actually have to go to work and look decent...
    And I think the colors are wonderful! Tell Stewey hi from Lady and Oreo!

    Debbie in Kansas (where the wind is blowwwiinnggggg!)

    ReplyDelete