May 12, 2011

THE RETURN OF SISTER MARY CRAZYFACE

I get it. I am a person who thrives on routine. I've always been this way and I probably always will be, but when routines completely hijack your life, it's time to rethink your modis operandi, no?

I read the newspaper in the mornings and then plant myself at the kitchen table for the Jumble, the Sudoku, and the Crossword puzzles while I eat breakfast. (Sesame toast with Smart Balance "margarine" and crunchy peanut butter, thank you very much). And then, after the puzzles are finished and Stewey has had the last little morsel of toast, I can start my day.

Today I stumbled down the driveway, bleary eyed and without proper clothes on (my neighbors just LOVE having me in the neighborhood, I tell ya), to discover that the newspaper....gasp....look of horrified terror.....HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED YET!

So I've been pacing around the house, completely lost and without direction all damn day long.

I reeeaaaaallllly need to get a life.

The first block of my 9/11 Stars project has been completed and a good portion of the second is also in the books:


I have to confess that I am enjoying this one much more than I thought I would. There's something about the layering and layering and layering of the stitches that gives me tremendous satisfaction. How the heck Mr. Minieri thinks of these things is beyond me, but I'm glad that he did!

Several of you have asked for my thread list for this one. I'm happy to provide it with the understanding that I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants on this. I did put together a "master list" of the threads, but if I pull one and it doesn't seem to work, I rummage around in Ye Olde Stash until I find one that does.

If you'd like the thread list, please shoot me your email and I'll send one along.

That's it for a Thursday, folks. The forecast is for hit and miss thunderstorms today, so methinks I might go over to Aunt Chrissy's house to spend a little time with my baby nephew Bosco. He doesn't like storms any more than I do, and I find that we both seem to endure them better if we're together.

Stewey, of course, will be thrilled to have a little peace and quiet around here. Damn dog.

9 comments:

  1. Darn it, that is so pretty. You know that you're going to get me to go back to needlepoint yet, don't you??? I have to pull myself away from the screen every time you post needlepoint. ACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog so much andthe early morning laugh. Your "Stars" is stunning. Makes me want to drag mine out and start it.

    Have a great stitchy day

    Sue VanderNoor
    Ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! My email is smcquistion@prodigy.net. Many thanks! It's really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you EVER get your newspaper???! Sigh. I am a creature of habit. One thing goes out of sync and I'll be lucky if I remember to brush my hair. :( Hope you have a nice afternoon with Bosco. Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have your fibers list for 9/11 stars. What you have done is marvelous. smiller@hf-law.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely squares. The colors you chose really work well together.
    Isn't it terrible to not get the newspaper? It would upset me too. These days I read my newspapers electronically...lol
    Wishing you lots of fun at your sisters house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the news in the newspaper isn't any good anyway. Stitching is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete