Jul 11, 2008

IT'S MY STITCHING AND I'LL FLIT IF I WANT TO


It must be something in the air....I woke up ornery yesterday and decided that I was going to do whatever the h-e-double toothpicks I wanted to. I managed to kick a few pairs of underpants around the closet floor, throw a tissue at Stewey (he was not amused), and just generally make a mess of myself all day long.

So when it came time to sit down for my evening stitching I looked at my "Rotation Rules" and threw them in the trash! I pulled out LHN "Garden Pleasures" just because I felt like it and stitched away while watching Bette Davis. What a freakin' rebel I am.

(A side note: I do this about once a month or so. My house looks like a fraternity has moved in and I am a beast for about 48 hours. Then I crash back to reality and fret over not being a perfect homekeeper/dog mommy/sister/general member of society, and I clean my act up. But those few days of sitting on my big fat white hairy butt and swearing like a sailor are just blissful.)

Thank goodness I live alone.

So I was reading blogs this morning and was floored by a mention on Laura J. Perin's blog! For me, this is like the best kind of celebrity sighting and I am still floating around like the Goodyear Blimp over it. ME! On Laura J. Perin's blog! Woo Hoo!

That got me to thinking about what I would do if I met/saw any of you other celebrities out there in stitchy blogville. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, you are ALL fabulous in my humble opinion, and I think I would break into a full-on flop sweat and faint dead away if I were to ever meet any of yous. So if you see me in the grocery store, please be gentle and understand that I am rather in awe of/admiration of all of you and your stitching/blogging/commenting abilities. Remember....it took me a YEAR to get up the guts to come out of the lurking portion of the program, so when I tell you that I think you're all famous and intimidating, I mean business!

Chrissy and I are off tomorrow to Shereville, Indiana for a stitchy day with the NANI girls and Laurie from La-D-Da designs! Stay tuned for news at 11!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not likely to run into you in the grocery store, but maybe our paths have crossed at House of Stitches in LaPorte (I'm a semi-regular there - well, as semi-regular as a person living in Chicago can be).

    Have fun in Shereville tomorrow, and keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to be a rebel sometimes!

    Unfortunately you wont run into me unless you come over the pond for a visit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to be rebelious once in awhile too. Hope you have fun tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog! And I am all for being a rebel every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a bit of a star yourself too you know!! Like Julie you won't run into me unless you come over the pond a visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactally how you feel! I get like that some days too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Coni,

    Congratulations on the mention on Laura's blog!

    Enjoy your stitching rebellion! LOL

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live with 2 boys and a husband and I'm just shy of being the worst housekeeper in the world. My house looks like a fraternity 364+ days out of the year! LOL!! Go ahead and flit...we'll encourage you all the way

    ReplyDelete