Mar 24, 2017

CHALKBOARD MANDALA FEE NEE


Chalkboard Mandala
Ink Circles
28ct. Valor by Picture This Plus
GA Lagoon two over two (5+ skeins)

This was an absolute joy from start to finish.  I really wish you could see the varieagation of the thread better...it is a delicious range of deep blues and greens.  

Next up?  I'm toying with the Shepherd's Bush Heart of my Heart piece.  I also have a few other Ink Circles charts that might make an appearance, or a Rosewood Manor, or maybe I'll go back to Patricia Printemps.

In between all of this cross stitching will be a two day class with Miss Kurdy Biggs of Threedles fame.  Kurdy is coming to teach two pieces to my Library Guild, and I am so prancypants excited about it I almost can't stand it!

Such a lovely dilemma to have on a gorgeous Friday, no?

Whirlwind appointment with my kidney doc this morning...looks like I am holding my own and can keep limping along without dialysis a bit longer.  I'm now officially Stage Five, which is End Stage Renal Failure, but until I just can't take it anymore we're going to stay status quo.  Buzzy is doing his thing and will get checkups next week and the week after, and seems to be ready to answer the call when needed, bless his little self.  Finally...will meet the transplant surgeon on Thursday to start the journey toward a new kidney.

Many of you have asked how/why I got kidney disease.  The truth of the matter is that we have no idea where it came from, but I have a theory.  I was born and raised in Lima, Ohio and lived within a few miles of one of the largest petrochemical refineries in the country.  (You can do the math on that one).  

But I am absolutely sure that 94% of my problem is that I never learned how to manage STRESS, and took worrying, fretting, and mulling to a whole new level.  The first thing to burn out was my thyroid (cancer in 1991), then my gut (Crohn's in 1995), and then finally the kidneys in 2002.  

Serious, relentless, mind-numbing, bone-crushing, soul-killing stress.

And there I was in the middle of all of it with my perky little smile, a thousand "I'm fine, thank you, how are yous?" and nothing but my wits to see me through.

Epic. 

Fail.

But!  All of this has given me a purpose in life...which I will fulfill as soon as I can stand up and wear pants and lipstick without needing a seven hour nap.

I am going to make it my life's mission to save people from themselves, vis a vis stress.  I'm hoing to write a book or go on a lecture circuit that will show people what stress can do to a body (and mind) when it's aloud to run amok.

My Dad tried to tell me..."CJ", he said on more than one occasion. "You have GOT to learn how to only worry about the stuff you can control and let the other stuff go.  If you don't, it's going to drive you nuts or kill you."

Yup.

So...with needle and thread in hand, an army of well-trained professionals at the ready, and you, my very dear and faithful friends...I march onward into happy, healthy, stress free oblivion!  

Can somebody pick up a couple of cheeseburgers for the trip?  

25 comments:

  1. Cheeseburgers coming up! I will also be at one of your local booksignings.... :D Hugs & prayers, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm cheeseburgers let's go.
    Stitching is lovely. Stress yep got too much too mine shows up in the rampant anxiety, fibromyalgia, arthritis & now the back disks are doing a bulging & disappearing act. Thank God for stitching & chocolate or I'd totally loose it. Blessings, Baa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure you don't want some fresh manicotti? Or maybe a filet? Btw - sign me up for your stress tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coni, I'm not sure if you have ever heard of Mark Lipinski. If not (and why should you have), google him. I personally know Mark. Wonderful guy, funny as hell and he had a kidney transplant a few years ago. If you ever need that shoulder, I know he would be more than happy to talk to you. It's scary stuff and like they say, he's been there and done that.

    Take care of yourself, my dear. HUGS and dreams of a cheeseburger coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easier said than done. To only worry/stress about a person can control is good advice. I have been trying for years and,so far, have not,been able to do it for more than an micro second at a time. Cheeseburgers sound wonderful. May I have crispy bacon on mine?
    Once again your latest project is gorgeous. Could I get name of said delight and threads and numbers. You are truly a wonderful exampme to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chalkboard Mandala is beautiful! Take care of yourself, Miss Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get a class with Kurdy Biggs??? I am SOOO envious! Love her work! Just finishing the beads on the xmas ornaments in Needlepoint Now. What is she teaching for the class??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the Chalkboard Mandala finish! It is simply gorgeous and I love continue to love your thread and fabric combination. Cheeseburgers sound delish. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a great encouragement to me. I've been feeling without purpose recently and I'm going to continue to figure it out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a plan....but I just had Chicken fingers and Cole slaw. Keep smiling and so will I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stress - yep Bi-pass (98% blockage main ) 1993, COPD, asthma diagnosed @ 40, double mastectomy 2005, heart attack 2015, knee replacement 2014 PLEASE sign me up for you lectures 70 years old and still haven't got it figured out yet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stress - Almost a prayer in T.S. Eliot's Ash Wednesday poem:
    Teach us to care and not to care......
    So many interpretations, but with regard to stress...
    to care about what is meaningful and important and not
    to care about what has little importance In the scheme of
    things... by using the paradigm, you remove much of the
    conflict that gives sway to stress... or something like that...may sound simplistic, but acceptance and the
    search for it's redemptive purpose gives credence to what
    is found about oneself in the whole experience.
    I just knew you would enjoy stitching that piece...
    Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The things that helped me during times of deep distress and worry were these: "Worry does not rob tomorrow of sorrow, it only robs today of strength", and "Let go or be dragged". I hope you find your center and it brings you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are all cheering for you, even if it's from afar. Your courage and determination are so admired. I wish you could actually feel and know that you are not going through this alone. Your faithful followers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Team Coni are with you all the way! xx

      Delete
  15. You might enjoy our Fiber Talk show with Kurdy Biggs: http://wetalkfiber.com/2017/02/19/fiber-talk-with-kurdy-biggs/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coni I am the same, not as bad as I used to be, but if I give it a foot hold then I am down the rabbit hole. My health too has suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As for your book dear friend, I think this blog is a good start. Many diary's are best sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new finish. I'm relatively new to your blog and hadn't realised you have/have had so many health issues. Though you are having difficult days, I feel from your writing that you haven't lost your sense of humour, which can be a help in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the finish!!! Oh cheeseburgers always sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep soldiering on and keep your sense of humor. Know that many are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You go girl!! Look forward to the book, it's sure to be a best seller.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your book would be a wonderful thing and I look forward to it!! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so wonderful! I would read every book your write :) Congrats on finishing the mandala, it is stunning! And I would love to share some cheeseburgers with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't forget a classic egg cream to go with the cheeseburgers!

    ReplyDelete