Nov 30, 2015

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW...BUT ONLY AN INCH OR TWO, PLEASE

 I awoke to the smell of gingerbread, the sounds of Christmas music, and the sight of Stewey in his little Martha Stewart craft apron affixing ribbons to pinecones.

"Mo-ther. Today is the day that you are going to put your shoes on, find a suitable pair of old lady sweatpants, fix your hair, and go outside to decorate the house for Christmas.  You've had a week and a half in the Happy Chair with your coloring book and your turkey sandwiches...now it's time to throw a little bit of good cheer around and hope that the neighbors will let us stay here another year."

I had decided to forego decorating this year, but Little Lord Fauntleroy made a good point.  My neighbors are subjected to me and my crazypants outfits and my bleary-eyed trek to fetch the paper every day, as well as the weekly argument we have as to what constitutes proper trash recepticle organization.  (For the record, I don't think that the recycling guy gives two hoots that I put the damn bin at the left edge of the driveway instead of the right edge, because he flings it smack dab into the middle, once emptied, regardless of where it starts out.)  

But this is Stewey we're talking about, so I quickly calculated that there would be NO peace to be had here at Chez Spinster until the annual tarting of the homestead was complete.

Two hours of grunting and sweating and cursing later:

I know.  Pitiful isn't it?  I think it looks much better after a few inches of snow.  And at night  And if you close one eye, stand on your left foot, and view the entire mess from the other side of town.

The good news is that my neighbors really do appreciate it, and I will too when I take You Know Who out for his evening constitutional.

I just hope he doesn't notice that the bows are all crooked and half the lights don't work.

10 comments:

  1. It looks great to me. Your neighbors probably need a hobby, needlepoint comes to mind. Some people just do not understand free spirits. You and Stewey always put me in a holiday state of mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super to me! Good for you on 'tarted' up the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfectly tarted up to me...and of course whatever makes Stewey happy is priority ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks just a nice on the outside as well as the inside,its a plus you still have green grass this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful! My garbage man also does not seem to care about how much care and attention is put into where the bin goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful home and the Christmas decor just makes it that more special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear putting up decorations puts me in the worst mood! But they look awfully nice once they are up.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the color of the house...what is the brand and name or formula
    please? It is the perfect foil for Christmas red motif....

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't decorate the outside of our house in a neighborhood of overachievers. You're way ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete