Jul 21, 2015

POOF!

Money has flown through my checkbook like a drunken spinster in a needlework shop.   Between the visit to the emergency vet, Stewey's annual physical, and now an air conditioner repair....methinks my pen has scorch marks on it.

I settled in for some stitching last night and felt a bit flushed.  This is normal for me, especially when Kevin Costner is on the Tee Vee, but by 11pm, it was a balmy 78 degrees in here.  When you consider the fact that I normally keep the place like a meat locker, this was definitely a problem.  I was smart enough to turn the thing off so as to preserve the motor, and headed to the big girl sleigh bed to fret.

One capacitor later and we're back in business, and God willing that will be the end of our little surprises for a while.

I did get the full report on our patient.  Turns out he's perfectly perfect in every way, and a coat or two of clear nail varnish every now and then will do the trick.  I would prefer to go the Sally Hansen route, but I heard somebody on the phone this morning asking about package deals at Canyon Ranch. Damn dog.

(I am, however, completely relieved to know that he is in good health and will be around to torture me a good while longer.)

I'm headed to the Happy Chair for a stitching session.  If all goes well, I hope to finish my LJP piece and move on to the next!

15 comments:

  1. Canyon Ranch is here in Tucson (I'm in Tucson). Why not let the Little Lord do his Canyon Ranch visit and I'll mix up a pitcher of margaritas and we can hunker down in the teevee room, drink margaritas, stitch and giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that himself is all well, such a relief to get good news...and as for the AC, glad that you got that all fixed up and rolling again.
    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear the good news about Master Stewey! I feel your pain as my pen also has scorch marks from the past month of 'surprises'. :-o Looking forward to seeing your finished stitched piece and also what's next. Have a terrific week! Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad money does not grow in the garden...glad Stewey is okay...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! It's never just one thing, is it. Stella sends sniffs and licks for a healthy vet visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear Stewey is in tip top shape and that your air conditioner has been repaired, I am with you on the meat locker temperatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the Stewey pup is fine. And that you now have proper air conditioning again. Hopefully this is the end of your checkbook smoking! Looking forward to seeing your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that Master Stewey is doing well and that all he needs is another pampering session in recently fixed AC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear Stewey is ok and I hope the next time your pen is scorched it will be due to stitchy stash shopping rather than home repairs or vet visits! I had to replace my heater & AC six months ago 😳😬 but I am enjoying my personal meat locker here in So Cal where we brag about "dry heat" but have been experiencing more humidity lately

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops!! Obviously emoticons don't publish correctly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in Houston, Texas and the last thing you want to go is your AC, especially in the car. New compressor for the car, an unexpected expense. I guess, as I read this, it happens to everyone. I will stop my pity party and just be happy I am getting the AC repaired. I am grateful that I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, where are you? hope everything is ok with you and Stewie....miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure miss seeing your posts, hopefully you are just enjoying a lovely end to summer with your stitching and your favorite little quadriped!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Missing you and Stewie! Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like so many others I miss hearing about the adventures of Stewie. Hoping all is well with you, Stewie, Aunt Chrissy, and Bosco. And keeping all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete