Aug 21, 2014

A NOTE FROM MASTER STEWEY ANGUS WILLOWSWAMP, HIS VERY LITTLE (AND SNIFFLY) SELF

My mom can't come to the blog right now.  The old lady has been on a complete tear ever since THEY revealed the Shamrock Series unis this week.  I swear, if it weren't for the fact that I've been feeling poorly lately and have been unable to accompany her, she would have climbed into the Big Girl VeeHickLe and sped over to campus to demand an audience.

So many of you have sent emails asking where the Spinster Stitcher rant is regarding said unis.  Mo-ther asked me to pass along the message that she is.....formulating.  Stay tuned for what promises to be a rather entertaining few minutes in the life of an idiot spinster.

As for me, I am under the proverbial weather with my allergies.  I awoke this morning with puffy eyes and a runny nose, and I have been sorely tempted to chew at my forearms.  One quick call to my internist, however, and I am soon to be on the mend once my script is on board.

Now if I could only get a prescription for whatever it is that has my stupid mo-ther such a hot mess, all would indeed be perfectly swell here in Hoosierville.

I'm sorry to report that there has been absolutely NO stitching happening in the friendly confines.  I suspect that it is due to the usual August ennui, and that once the temperatures return to something OTHER than that of the surface of the sun the needles will fly once again.  In looking at my previous years' reports, I do see that we seem to enter a very major stitchy slump this time of year, so I'm giving it until Labor Day before I call in the (Aunt Chrissy) authorities.

I do hope that this finds you well.  Please know that I remain your loyal and devoted friend and send you my very deepest and most heartfelt wishes for a wonderfully happy day.

With love from your pal,
Stewey


6 comments:

  1. Oh Stewey, I do hope you will soon feel better. You need your strength to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. August is definitely a slump month. Too hot and humid to do anything other than try not to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So about your allergies, Stewie. My puggle niece, Ellie, suffers terribly with them. She gets a rash on her belly every year, and needs to roll around on the grass to itch it. Poor thing. The vet tries to help, but sometimes it just gets the best of her. Feel better. Tell Mo-ther that those unis she showed us are hideous.... I can understand her rage..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you are not well, Master Stewey. I hope that you and Mo-ther are doing better today and will continue to improve. Hugs & prayers, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well hugs to you Stewey and your sweet Mo-ther !! I'm with you on the stitching …. more will be done when the air cools.

    ReplyDelete
  6. get well soon! Stewey make sure you give lots of cuddles! Love the blog colours haven't been on here is a while! Missed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete