Sep 22, 2011

PPSSSSTTTTTT...

You know me...I never want to tell you what to do (tee hee!), but when you have a moment and a lovely hot cup 'o joe (or tea), take thee to Miss Margaret's blog to see a) the adventures of Madame Muriel Flat Flossie Grandma, and (more importantly), b) her completed masterpiece.

(Um, Margaret's masterpiece that is, not Muriel's). 

Here's the link:  http://www.margaretmyblog.blogspot.com

It will take your breath away.  I promise.

Stewey and I are hurtling head-long into the weekend.  I'm happy to report that the tiny little itty bones seem to be just what the doctor ordered, and we've gone several days now without one episode of projectile upchucking. (I wish I could say the same for the projectile drape peeing, though).  He will go for his annual physical tomorrow, and I'm sure that Dr. Nieman will say "Oh, Stewey.  You're fine exactly as you are.  Now if we could just get that Mommie of yours sorted out..."  Then I'll hang my head in shame and pay the ga-jillion dollar bill and that will be the end of that.

I've just pulled a few recipes that I'm going to play with over the next few days, and if I don't burn the house down in the process, Aunt Chrissy and Bosco might come over for a bite or two.  (If I do burn the house down in the process, then that would be a shame and I'd probably have to get used to sleeping on Aunt Chrissy's couch.)

(Or in Bosco's apartment.)

What am I going to make, you ask?  Well, on Saturday I'm going to make "Grilled Kielbasa and Pierogi" followed by a lovely root beer boondt cake (with root beer drizzle, don't you know), and on Sunday I'm going to make a vat of chicken stew.

Chicken stew is what I make when I feel myself on the cusp of the blahs (or blues for that matter).  I'm not sure if it's the paprika or the warm and comforting nature of it, but after a few bowls of it (OK, after ten bowls of it), all is right with the world once again.  Methinks it will be just what the doctor ordered.

So that's all we have for you from Chez Spinster today, my very dearest stitchy friends.  I do hope that your corner of the world is a lot more exciting and that whatever you're working is exactly what you want it to be!  Woo Hoo!

10 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like you are going to have a lively weekend! Do let us know how your meals turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when my kids were small,one of their favorite meals was kielbasa and potatoes boiled together with butter on them!
    glad you and stewey have his stomach problems fixed!Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stew.... Stewey....???? Spicy.... comforting....Hmmmmmm.... anyone else see a connection...????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Stewey is feeling better. I feel like cooking this time of year as well. I am sure that the house will be fine and that everyone will enjoy the comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a little too warm here this weekend for stew. But sounds delicious. Can't wait for fall!! Ms. Margarets masterpiece was beautiful. Thanks for directing us there. I am glad the bones worked out for Stewey. Hope you and he enjoy your weekend and the comfort food. Send some cool air down this way. Good luck with your Dr. visit Stewey. Hope it all goes well. As always your faithful blog stalker. P.S. Don't let Stewey talk you into giving him any stew its not good for his tummy!! Sorry Stewey :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. No stew for Stewey - it has a ring to it! One thing does Stewey like going to the vet? Have a great weekend stitching and cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, thank you for your kind words.
    Madame Muriel and I are planning another outing tomorrow so if she remembers her camera there will be an update
    Love to Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you gonna enjoy polish food :) just remember to pour some melted butter over pierogi - they gonna taste even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cooking choices sound wonderful. I am making apple crisp and homemade mack & cheese this weekend (with cream and butter, of course)! Must be that kind of weekend here in the midwest, huh?!

    Sounds like Stewey is on the mend. My poor Cody ate some mushrooms (we think) in the yard and had quite the stomach issue yesterday. He now is looking at us with very hungry eyes - we'll try more solid food today.

    ReplyDelete