Nov 21, 2017

TUESDAY MORNING SPINSTER BLISS

My uggy day turned into an uggy afternoon, but somewhere around 7:30 or so it all turned around.
This is the Pointsettia Ornament from DebBee's that I had started and then un-started last week.  There were some challenges with the charting, so I pulled up my socks and got to it.  I confess to a fair amount of cursing and fretting and hair-pulling and such, but before I knew it, I had completed that last  petal and all was well.

Now it's on to the stitches surrounding the petals. 

(Cue the cursing, fretting, hair-pulling and such.)

Today we are heading to the Snite Museum of Art on campus to see an exhibit of Rembrandt etchings and then we're having lunch with an old friend.  I'm a little apprehensive about the walking aspect of the outing, but know enough to say "Need a minute, kids" before parking my fanny on a bench.

Preparations for Thanksgiving are underway.  We will be four this year...me and my beloved and my sister and her new beau.  I am going to prep as much as I can tomorrow and then let Rich be in charge of the turkey.  I'm thinking of all the usual things...with a few changes and additions that will become the usual things in years to come, I suppose.

So that's the Tuesday report.  Hope your corner of the world is swell....

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day, sounds great! 😀💕🥀🌹🏵🌺🌻🌼🌷⚘🎨🦃🦃🦃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, so happy for your sweet life...wishing you a warm and loving Thanksgiving..all the best for resolution of your health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the petals back in even with the cursing and fretting! I look forward to seeing the stitches that go in between the petals. Enjoy your outing and lunch out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh -- sparkly fabric! <3

    And dinner with your sister. Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving!

    Susan Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hope it truly will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sparkly fabric is perfect for your poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete