Nov 21, 2017

HOLY MAGNIFYING GLASSES, BATMAN

Rembrandt Redux at the Snite Museum

 Rembrandt’s Religious Prints: The Feddersen Collection at the Snite Museum of Art

On view September 3–November 26, 2017

 The Jack and Alfrieda Feddersen Collection of Rembrandt prints will make an encore appearance at the Snite Museum of Art September 3 through November 25. The exhibition of the renowned artist’s prints marks the publication of the first comprehensive catalog of the entire collection and the celebration of the University of Notre Dame’s 175th anniversary.

 All 70 of Rembrandt’s etchings that comprise the Feddersen Collection will be displayed together, examining the sweep of historical, theological, and artistic impulses that informed the creation of the master’s religious and biblical prints.    

Rembrandt’s Religious Prints

Originally published by Gina Costa at sniteartmuseum.nd.eduon June 27, 2017.



The exhibit was really quite something to see, and Rich and my friend and I enjoyed it immensely.  I was astounded at the number of pieces collected, the size of each (some just larger than a postcard), and the exquisite intricacy of each.  I would have like to examine each one for hours at a time, but...

After the exhibit we had lunch at Legends on campus, which happens to be the building that was called Senior Bar or The Alumni Senior Club when I was in school.  Now I know that you're all thinking that I was quite a bon vivant in 1985, but the truth of the matter is that I didn't step foot in the place until I had been out about ten years. (What can I say?  I got that "loser" tattoo on my forehead early.)

(The blinking lights, however, were a later addition.)

I'm going to head over to the dining room table now and plot and plan and plan and plot Thanksgiving so that we can go to the grocery store tomorrow night with the rest of the world here in the USA.  Better planning, I suppose, is not on my bucket list!

Grocery guild tonight involving much merriment, I'm sure.  I'll give you a full report tomorrow!



5 comments:

  1. WOW! Lucky you to see it! :) Looking forward to hearing about the Guild tomorrow. :) Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good time at grocery guild! Your outing sounded super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to mention yesterday that I hope Aunt Crissy is bringing your nephew to Thanksgiving dinner. Coni, If she does, be sure to provide us with a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my anxiety issues, there is NO way I could be planning and shopping for Thanksgiving dinner the day before! You rock Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I bet they were really something to see! Happy to hear you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete