Sep 12, 2017

HEADACHE, HEADACHE GO AWAY. COME AGAIN NO OTHER DAY.

Damn, drat, and phooey.

I've had a blinding headache since last Wednesday.

It is most likely the result of medication changes, the kidneys, weather, and possibly allergies, but I would be very happy to have this in the rear view so that I could get on with the business of being the Spinster Stitcher.

I missed my Church Guild gathering last night, and I haven't had a needle in hand since I don't know when.  My skin is almost starting to crawl because of it!

The good news is that my friend/Jersey Boy/new companion/Mr. Big is very happy to entertain himself with various and sundry things, and does not make me feel at all bad for needing to nap or check out for a bit.  (He probably appreciates the peace and quiet.)

(What can I say?  Slap some pumps and a string of pearls on me and it's all Ozzie and Harriet over here all the time.  I am wanting to fetch coffee and fold underpants and make pot roast and vacuum the rug, and he pretty much thinks I'm nuts.)

So that's the report for today here in the Land of Spinster Bliss, my Dearies.  Do something fun today and come tell me all about it!

13 comments:

  1. Hoping you have spoken with your primary care doc about this persistent headache by now...I do not know what you can and cannot take regarding some remedies, but that kind of persistent severe headache is serious. Trust me, I deal with migraines, and they have put me in the hospital ER, not often and not lately, but don't suffer in relative silence please.

    So glad you Jersey Boy is not needy, and recognizes that you are nuts. That is a big hurdle out of the way. Lol. Very happy for you....all I am saying is he better treat you like the Princess you are or I am coming out there to straighten him out.

    After yesterday and the bloody shot, taxes, more taxes and sushi with the kids, today is rest day. I think. That shot had a cortisone booster in it, so not much sleep last night, and some fake energy today. With a long list of deferred housekeeping projects, I might do some things. But for now, lounging is quite appealing. With Mr. Wonderful busy on consulting work, I could get a lot done. Or not.

    Hoping that headache will go away fast for you, and you will return to a state of domestic bliss, with pot roasts and vacuums. And knitting those carbs. Priceless....

    I think I will go make another cappuccino. That would involve using HIS coffee bean grinder and touching HIS machine. Do I really want to admit I know how to use this stuff, not just in theory??? Off to play barista.....

    Feel better and know prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying the headache lessens in severity and then shuffles completely out of your head. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers, Coni. You are loved. Love, hugs & prayers, Cathryn ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are still suffering from the awful headache. Do speak with your doctor, hopefully he could recommend something. So pleased that Jersey Boy is in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't delay seeing your doctor if the headache
    continues. You have been doing so well and we don't want
    you catching anything but love....Take care and rest...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better soon! 😇🌹🌻⚘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better right quick and do keep yourself well hydrated, but you must know that already! Weather changes, dirty air, sleep disturbances, foods-they can all cause headaches along with health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I can't offer any remedies, wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is your companion just visiting from Jersey or has he moved to your area? As much as you have enjoyed all the support and help from your stitchy friends - it's nice to have a man around the house! Now about your headaches - I think most of us suffer from them one way or another. A nurse in the Emergency Room at the hospital told me to take Excedrin Migraine with a sip of Coke or Pepsi/some cola drink and it makes the headache go away in about 30 minutes. However with all the other medications you take you should not take any over the counter medication with out asking your doctor. Hope it goes away so you can enjoy getting spoiled by your own JDM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope that headache leaves you soon and you are able to get some stitching in!

    ReplyDelete