Jun 23, 2017

VERY PEACEFUL. INDEED.

Another bit of stitching in the Happy Chair last night!  I'm using DMC perle cotton 5 in a simple tent/half cross/continental and really like how it looks:

Thank you for all of the hints and tips!  I didn't realize that this particular brand of needlepoint canvas was so ubiquitous...I guess I need to get out more!


This is a lovely piece to play with if eyes and brain are too tired for something more detailed:

Back to unpacking and organizing today.  I am determined to rid this place of cardboard once and for all!  Besides...there's too much stitchy fun to be had to not reward myself with something new again tonight...right?

10 comments:

  1. Right! But don't overdo! 😘
    Luv,
    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude! I like this piece and as you say, good for a bit of "fuzzy" brain stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pace yourself, Miss Coni! Don't make us 'stop the car'... >:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty canvas, Coni! Now, don't overdo with the unpacking; take a break, drink some water, and then go back to it. Small increments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking gooooood!!!! Although it is like painting by numbers, it requires skill and proper tension. The results can be quite satisfying and advanced in appearance. Go easy on the organizing and don't get
    yourself tangled up in clearing the cardboard in a day.
    Fiddle-dee-dee...remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's about my level of stitching Coni! I'd be happy with that although I know I should be more adventurous. But hey, what the hell!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors! I have something similar in my basement. I may have to pull it out and have a SAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start! It really is a pretty piece :)

    ReplyDelete