Mar 30, 2017

IN WHICH OUR SPINSTER GOES TO DINNER AND HAS A WONDERFUL TIME...

Our ANG group is hosting Miss Kurdy Biggs Her Very Self this weekend, so a few of us welcomed her to Hoosierville last night by going out to dinner.

Can I just tell you that I really don't think I could have had a better time if you would have put me in a chocolate cake shop with nothing but a fork, a glass of ice cold milk, and my Jersey boy for company?

Meeting a designer and having dinner with her stitching friends was just about the most wonderul evening this girl could have asked for.  I wanted to stand up at one point and holler "I've waited my whole life to find you people" but I got distracted by the pasta in a jar concoction that they were delivering to another table.

(I somehow managed to eat light in preparation for my big meeting with the transplant team today, but I can guarantee you that THIS spinster will be going back for one of THOSE jars.  Toot.  Sweet.)

But I digress.

Like I said...I was completely overwhelmed with a feeling of belonging and appreciation for how much being a part of this thing of ours has meant to me and done for me, and it occurs to me that I just don't say it enough.

Thank you.

Navigating my life would be impossible and unbearable without you, and your love, prayers, support, encouragement, and project enablement has been a true life line for me.  I have not one single solitary clue what I would do without you.

So here's hoping that your Thursday is off to a lovely start and that by day's end your needles will make you happy!  Hopefully I'll be back with good news tomorrow...





20 comments:

  1. Back at ya, Coni. If we don't take care of each other, who will, right?

    Love and hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping & praying your appointment goes well today. Can speak only for myself - your words continue to sustain me through some trying times.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow. This works both ways you know. Reading your blog each day cheers me up, makes me realise how lucky I am, and encourages me to get my needle out. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for tomorrow's appt. Yes, I agree. Stitching folks are awesome. Take care!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! We'll be rooting for you. (And tell the transplant team you have a tribe of folks with sharp, pointy things in their pockets so they had better behave.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!!Praying for your appointment with the transplant team. I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your "tribe". Aren't stitchers the ABSOLUTE best people?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an excellent appointment. We look forward to your colorful commentary about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings for a great outcome...sounded like a Fablous evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Coni, DITTO!!! I only hope you realize how much your friendship means to me....dare I speak for others here, us. Who knew these machines could do such good?...connecting us with like minded peeps. Wishing you goodness and peace; a happy heart and good karma for those kidneys of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope for the best appointment with the transplant team!! Go get 'em Coni!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find you and your blog AMAZING! You, a very powerful woman, remain in my prayers daily. May your meeting go well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful evening you had! Pasta in a jar??? Hope you will share that once you have had yours! Best wishes to you as you have your meeting with the transplant team. Thinking of you, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! Best of luck at the doctor's office.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coni, you get what you give. What goes around comes around. You bring me so much joy and pleasure just reading your blog. I cry with you, I laugh with you. I enjoy your stitching and excursions vicariously. If our little comments and support and prayers give any comfort, it's because you give so much of yourself here. God bless you with all good! Hugs & Prayers, Cathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy you had a fun evening. You deserve it! I hope our posts give you some happiness and comfort because I, along with everyone else here, am thankful for your wonderful blog.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a nice time. It just proves that you reap what you sow. We are always here for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm SO glad you had such a good time! There's a special camaraderie between needleworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! to stitchy friends! Glad you had such a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad to hear you had a fantastic time - we all need that from time to time!! I enjoyed you "stitching your eyeballs out" on the previous post - made me laugh right out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coni~I'm so glad you had a good time with Kurdy. Isn't she amazing? We are so lucky to have her in the Denver area, and the ability to pilot some of her classes. I hope that you FEEL the collective HUG that all of your many readers send to you daily. You share your heart and soul with all of us; we feel it; and love you for it. We came to your blog for stitching, we fell in love with your warmth and humor, and that's why we stay. Wish you all the best with drs appointments.

    ReplyDelete