Jan 18, 2017

HOLEY SCHMOLEY

Somebody must have slipped me a Mickey before bed last night, because my dreams were so strange that I had to stay in bed quite late today just to see how they ended.

I was in a musical.  Singing, dancing, and acting.  

WITH JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN.

Now, the fact that my hunka hunka burnin' love would appear in a dream might not be that odd, especially given my utter fascination with all things JDM. But singing?  Me?

(I'd like to think that I have a voice like Adele, but it's more like a schlumpy, tone-deaf, non-British Adele who can clear a room or a church pew whenever she decidesto belt out a tune.)

And then, just to really make it nuts...I was singing about...

Gosh, I think I'm even a little embarrased to tell you this because it is just so damn odd.

OK, here goes....

MINCEMEAT.

I don't even know what mincemeat is.  But, there I was with Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the stage singing about it.  And my solo was all about serving mincemeat in different styles...Polish, Italian, etc.

Holy crap on a cracker...it's finally happened.  I've lost what little sanity I had and now am going to wander about this big blue marble singing with Jeffrey Dean Morgan about Chinese mincemeat.

On a more normal note (Ha!  Note!):
I'm chugging along on Winter Quakers.  This is last night's progress that I made while watching Sense and Sensibility.  It was going to be Housewives, but something lead me elsewhere instead.

Well, that's the report for the day, my dears.  As soon as I get my wits about me I'm heading out fir provisions.  I've put that off long enough that I'm getting a little freaked out by the echo of emptiness in the fridge!  Time to fill 'er up!

18 comments:

  1. LOL..I'm glad I'm not the only one who has bizarro dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress on that motif, Coni! Hope your run for provisions happens today. If I lived nearer, I would be happy to bring them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you eat something unusual or spicy before bed? That often triggers weird dreams. At least it was a laughable one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had a dream once that I was in a car race and while everyone was in their race cars, I was pushing myself along on a furniture dolly. I don't think mincemeat was involved however, but had I stayed in that dream long enough I probably would have become mincemeat. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, as my great-grandmother used to say, "How long do you make that noise before you start singing?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh mmmyyyyy! I laughed so hard I had to clean Girl Scout peanut butter cookie off my computer screen. I'm doing my store taxes and immigration "stuff" and feeling a tad stressed. You just made my day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your dream was wonderful. Have you started to watch Victoria on PBS? May I recommend you check out Lord Melbourne (really Rufus Sewell, but as Lord M I am swooning) I would sing about Mincemeat on stage with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG LMAO ROFLOLPMP you have no idea how much I needed this Chinese mincemeat what IS that??
    You are a true becon in the darkness! Blessings, Baa

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. Thank you for the laugh. Nice progress on your Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a talent you have for making all of us laugh - you are such a blessing to all of us! I hope you know that. Love your Quaker project. Happy stitching and happy dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a crack-up! I saw him on one of the late-night shows last week and thought of you. Can't wait for a followup :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where do these crazy dreams come from? Glad it was a happy, albeit a bit odd, dream! Your Quaker is looking so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, but at least you had a hunk in your dream. :)
    Quakers is looking great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mincemeat is lovely! Dried fruit, apple, spices, brown sugar, brandy, all left to mature for a couple of weeks. It's what is inside Mince Pies at Christmastime in England. No idea who Jeffrey Dean Morgan is though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whatever did you eat before bedtime? I want to know so I can go singing and dancing with Jeffery Dean Morgan!! LOL Your Winter Quaker is coming along nicely...I have this in my stash somewhere! Perfect time to be working on snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how funny!! I am glad I am not the only one who has strange dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hilarious.... Great post - Joetta, your Great Grandmother must have been a lovable hoot...great line...the Quaker is
    looking lovely and which came first ...your good spirits
    or the spirit-filled dream...? Anything to let Jeffrey Dean Morgan get you through the night....

    ReplyDelete