Jun 5, 2016

SUNDAY SPINSTER BLISS

The studio is clean and organized now and I started this:



Instead of the blues, I'm using Wildflowers in Canteloupe and Marigold, and Impressions in 4013, 5142, 3022, and 5032.  I might also throw a Kreinik in there, but the jury is still out on that one.

This is from the July/Aug 2015 issue of Needlepoint Now.  I had so much fun with this designer in the Fall and Spring that I decided it was time to add Summer to the mix!

Happy Sunday!  Do something that makes your heart sing and your skirt blow right up!

8 comments:

  1. I love the new project. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed how you pull great coordinated colorways out of your stash for a project that you had no idea you were going to do. Is it a pre-planned and forgotten, stashed-away, kind of thing? The results are always wonderful. And yes, I have been known to raid pre-arranged project supplies to full-fill a current inspiration project. Art is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, Coni! I love the fiber colors you pulled to use on this piece. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your color choices and the ones shown in NN mag.
    Today I am going to Barnes and Noble and buy a couple of books that I have wanted. Have a coupon!!!! Not that blows my skirt up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, it's lovely. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your selection of threads, Coni! It's going to be beautiful. I will be working on a Christmas club ornament with a tiny bit of housework and cooking on the side today. I am watching gymnastics on tv in preparation for the Summer Olympics.

    ReplyDelete