May 22, 2016

THE GARDEN IS STARTING TO BLOOM...

I have to tell you...once you get the background of this piece figured out, the flowers go really fast.

(Even if you're a newbie with silk ribbon like me and are feeling a bit clumsy with it.)

This one was lots of fun.  Petite Very Velvet and Impressions and ribbbon.  I'm not too crazy about the center button, but I'm sure it'll grow on me:

I probably went a little overboard with the light pink Petite Frosty Rays, but in real life this is quite dimensional:

And since I just couldn't leave well enough alone, I re-did the yellow flower by adding a bunch of ribbon and eliminating the felt button in the center:

 I really am enjoying this and am quite happy with my decision to pick it up.  I think I might continue with the "Work in Progress" theme in June...maybe we'll really start to see some progress clearing the decks!

Happy Sunday, kids!  I was actually a good girl and cleaned the house yesterday, so I get to have an entire day of guilt-free recovery stitchy time in the Happy Chair today!  Who knew that riding the vacuum cleaner around the place would result in such a lovely feeling of accomplishment?

WooHoo!

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a spectacular piece, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie,
    I really like your yellow flower without the felt button. It allows the lighter colored ribbon to show more. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this piece more every time you do another flower. I even like the background which I know gave you fits. I cannot remember the name of the piece or the designer but if you have time could you let me know. I try to vacuum when Mr. Max is outside. He thinks it is a home invader and barks non-stop when it is on or even when he sees it.
    After a day of housework a girl deserves a recovery day of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pieces! I've never worked with silk ribbon, but it's definitely on my list of things I must try in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the re-do of the yellow flower. This looks like such a fun piece. I am anxious to see the finished piece which I am sure with your speedy needle will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the re-do of the yellow flower. This looks like such a fun piece. I am anxious to see the finished piece which I am sure with your speedy needle will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dork of the western world has done it again. I finally was struck by a bolt of intelligence.....looked by a few days and lo and behold there was the information. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flowers. I enjoy doing silk ribbon embroidery.... many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coni, while I liked the original yellow flower, I really like the re-do even more. I am in awe of your silk ribbon embroidery. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your garden and all the colorful flowers. Looking forward to seeing how you stitch the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Coni, it's BEAUTIFUL. Well-done in your stitching!!! :D Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you are stitching this piece, Coni, and I love that button you are not sure about yet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Stitching those flowers looks fun. You're also motivating me to pull out some of my unfinished pieces to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful and so much fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowers. Great job. Love the changes. xo

    ReplyDelete