May 30, 2016

TABLE TIME

We're settling in to a new routine here at Chez Spinster.

Stewey and I leave the big girl sleigh bed for the friendly confines of the Happy Chair while Bosco makes his little bed in his apartment and ventures outside for garden inspection and bird watching.

After the damn good cup of coffee and the morning paper have been dispatched, I seem to be heading to the dining room table more and more for what I'm now thinking of as my Table Time.

This is where I blog and plan and read and write and plot and organize and contemplate and solve the problems of the world.  It's bright and cheery and overlooks the two little dog beds in the back window that almost always contain two little dogs snoozing happily in the sun.

Today's Table Time is all about a Summer Manifesto.  I am determined to map out the kind of summer that I want to have, and so far I'm thinking that it is going to be the Summer of Fun, Frolic, and Stitching.

Somewhere in there, though, I really need to address the more pressing matters of life (like bill paying, laundry and house management and whatnot) but today is all about the lighter side of things.  No negatives or to do lists....those are for tomorrow.  Today is all about burgers on the grill, iced tea in a mason jar, and this:

Another WIP from the pile.  This one is "A Different View" designed by Kurdy Biggs of Threedles fame.  I'm struggling a bit with the black canvas, but I have a spiffy little gizmo that Miss Chalrlene gave me that has white fabric on one side, dark fabric on the other...and you position this in your lap to "backlight" things.  I gave it a try last night, but I had Puppy Sandwich going on, and since both boys are bright white, the fabric seemed a bit redundant.

If you are holiday-ing today, I hope that you get to do whatever makes your heart sing!  Summer v2016 looks like it's off to a fabulous start!

9 comments:

  1. Table Time sounds good. I look forward to seeing your progress on "A Different View".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I look forward to seeing it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a perfect way to start each day! And looking forward to seeing your progress on your new piece and hearing about all the fun things you do this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table time, a plus, doggies, a plus, needlework, a plus. Looks like it is full steam ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That design is in my WIP pile, too. I am doing it on pink canvas, if I remember correctly. Haven't seen it in a long time. Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, this is so pretty. I love the colors, and its so regal on black! I first thought it was beads and pearls. Well, you know, at a quick first glance... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, this is so pretty. I love the colors, and its so regal on black! I first thought it was beads and pearls. Well, you know, at a quick first glance... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie, do you know where I might find one of the fabric thingies that you mentioned for stitching on black fabric? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete