May 26, 2016

RING A DING DING

Almost there...only the dragonfly and assorted doodads to go:

So here is the reason for the rings:


I attached my rings to the canvas a little differently than the instructions indicated, but I really really really like the result.  Makes me think there might be a lot more of these in my stitchy future!

Because so many of you have commented about what a genius I am and how much you love this piece, I want to make sure to give credit where credit is due.  The canvas is a painted canvas designed by Zecca and all of the stitches and threads and ideas and attachments and gizmos are from Ruth Schmuff from Beadecked and Beadazzled.  This project was one of Ruth's mystery classes several years ago and there is absolutley no way on the entire planet I could have come up with any of this on my own.

But it sure feels nice to be at the big kids' table as the stitcher of this one, I swear!

Doctor appointment this afternoon and then methinks we're going to start putting things back in order around here.   It's a bit of a Jack Russell/Spinster frat house at the moment, and given the fact that I am the matriarch of this little goat rodeo, I say...enough.

8 comments:

  1. Both you and Ruth Schmuff deserve a huge round of applause. You both bring fun, frivolity, and great learning experiences. Keep up the good work. Perhaps you could explain to the boys that naughty puppies do not get treats? I have not had much luck with that one but I think it is worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I say, let the boys have their fun. Seriously, this piece looks like it would be fun, but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for all the fancy stuff. It has turned out beautifully,though, so kudos to you. I hope you get a frame from Michaels and put it up someplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just stitch primitive designs. I LOVE seeing all the different works you do. This one is just beautiful, and looks like it would be a fun stitch. Congratulations on such an amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I miss it, is Aunty Chrissy still with you....or just Bosco ? I think this project is so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, thanks for showcasing the use of the plastic rings. What a neat idea! Hope your doctor's appointment went well this afternoon. Enjoy your evening of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to meet the dragonfly! Have you ever looked at the embroidery books, website etc of Helen M Stevens? She's British and brilliant and she does things with dragonfly and moth wings that leave me totally amazed and in awe. And in no hurry to embarrass myself by trying to do the same! So whatever you and the lovely Ruth come up with is going to be exciting.

    Are the pooches still at loggerheads, or have they started ganging up on their friendly local matriarch as a team? Isn't it amazing how such small animals can fill an entire house?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little rings really add to the piece! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete