Dec 16, 2015

LOSING MY MIND...

It's been two hours, twenty five minutes, and seven seconds since I took my Little to the vet and I am climbing the walls.  I've cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and living room, washed the bedding and all of Stewey's blankets, organized paperwork, answered emails, paid bills, prayed a rosary, and made a vat of iced tea.

OK...here's the thing.  As much as I love to complain about him and pretend that he runs riot over Chez Spinster, the truth of the matter is that this house just isn't home without him in it.  Every time I turn around I'm looking for him to be lounging in front of the fireplace or back patio window, or standing by his cookie jar looking at it longingly.

This creature is my life.  He is, by far, the very best thing that ever happened to me and I don't think I could love him more if I had given birth to him myself.

Thank you for all of your lovely and supportive thoughts and prayers.  For pity's sakes....I am an idiot for thinking that this is a crisis on any level that requires so much attention, but I guess this is me we're talking about, so even the silliest thing turns into a Lifetime Television for Women movie of the week.

I'll keep you posted once the patient is home. 

Thank you again, dear friends, for your loving kindness!

10 comments:

  1. Sending you healing thoughts for you and the short man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Coni - sending prayers and healing thoughts to you and Stewey both. Yes, please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry! Stewey will feel so much better! He will be home soon in his little smoking jacket peeing on the drapes! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni:
    Get a grip. This is the way we are supposed to feel about our companions!! He is a part, a big part of your family and as such he deserves your concern. You are doing the right thing. And think of that clean house.
    They are in our hearts. I think it is a good thing. We would all, except for Betty, be doing and feeling they same way. Good thoughts to you and Mr Stewey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand how you feel. We only have one elderly cat now and when he had to be gone for any type of procedure it is lonely without him. Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand. I have a human son but our family was not a complete family until we got our dog. Sadly , he passed away at age 12 and it was absolutely devastating. He was like a 2nd child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazingly stressful when a pet is at the vets. But I am sure he'll be back with you fine later today. Good for you getting all that housework done as you'll be able to devote yourself 100% to pandering to his every need when you fetch him home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely the same with Emma. As much as she drives me crazy (which I admit, is a very short drive!) I love that little Jack Russell and her antics that make me laugh. I've always said that she can make me laugh when sometimes I feel nothing will.

    Even when I have to take her in for routine teeth cleaning, I can't settle down until she's home with me again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up and wanted to say...that is motherhood, my very dear friend...it doesn't matter whether it's a human kiddo or a furry kiddo, we love our little ones with all of our heart and Stewey is beyond blessed to have you...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete