Nov 27, 2015

ACK, FRIDAY

I really need to stop writing to do lists.

Today was suppsed to be a laundry, housecleaning, bed-changing, Christmas decorating, cookie baking day.

Instead, I slept in, read the paper, drank coffee, took a shower, and did the Jumble, Sudoku, and crosswaord.  I took my meds, had a turkey sandwich, watched a movie, and am now contemplating a nice long nap.

I keep trying to convince myself that it's OK to have a lazy day, but Stewey informs me that it's only OK when it's the exception rather than the norm.

Can I just point out that HE  has been snoring away in front of the fireplace for the better part of three and a half weeks?

Oh well.  It's gloomy and cool outside and the last time I checked Her Royal Highness, The Queen of England had better things to do than to come disapprove of my homekeeping skills, so I guess I'll give it a rest.

Here's hoping that YOUR Friday is considerably more interesting...and productive.

8 comments:

  1. There's always tomorrow!

    I've been trying to do a few things...and then get lazy. The result is a table full of Thanksgiving decorations needing to be put away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely perfect to have a lazy day. I think you deserve two!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind Stewey who the boss is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I joined your ignore the Queen day and gave up the battle to conform after decorating two wreaths...and sweeping away the glitter dust from the
    floor...good enuff.... Hope you enjoyed your sojourn into carefree territory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the previous coments and another southerner, Scarlett O'Hara, when I say "Tomorrow is another day!" Enjoy peace and relaxation.
    P.S. Tell Stewey that snarkey dogs get no treats. Or not, as you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the sign I was waiting for!!!
    I went to bed last night telling myself I must clean the whole house, no stitching, no FBing, no reading, no oooohing and aaaahing watching the beautiful work of stitchers here and there, no colouring, nothing I like doing so much...
    I woke up this morning, got a hot full mug of chocolate and... Suddenly thought of Stewey and his mother and decided to check if both of them are doing fine and... I read this and it's comments!😏


    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a perfectly lovely day in my books! Much more enjoyable than housework :)

    ReplyDelete