Aug 26, 2012

GO AHEAD. POKE THE BEAR.



I made a solemn promise to Aunt Chrissy that I wouldn't go batshit ballistic crazypants about this, so I will only offer photographic evidence that my beloved alma mater has finally lost its ever-loving mind.

(The smart alleck in me wants to point out that one would think that one would need to have won a few more football games before one decided to desecrate the tradition of a 125-year old program that was at one time considered to be a member of the elite in collegiate athletics, but what do I know)

(And yes, in case you were wondering, I take all of this crap waaaaaaayyyyy too seriously and personally, and I have to constantly remind myself that Brian Kelly didn't go out of his way to completely dishonor the memory of my dad and all of the other amazing Notre Dame alums.)

(It just feels like he did.)

What's next, coach?  A Wonderbra on the BVM?  Good thing the boys will be able to wear those spanky new outfits on their debut episode of Dancing With The Stars.  Just watch out for all of the gold lame' and glitter, though...it's' positively blinding.

9 comments:

  1. Not only everything you said BUT they are just a tad on the vulgar side. I think they just might be more concerned about how they look than how they are going to play! I wonder what Regis thinks about his team now - to bad he isn't still on he would be going batshit along with you Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I thought Spanx went UNDER clothing and should remain hidden! Where is there modesty??

    ReplyDelete
  3. DH said "please tell me they didn't add the names on the back".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these "new" new helmets? Didn't they have blinding metallic gold helmets last year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - ugly ugly ugly - I hate the lopsided helmets. Why is tradition thrown to the wind... oh wait... I'm forgetting about the endorsement money. The almighty dollar wins again ... and Brian Kelley is annoying -just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ridiculous clothes for a game that we now know to be ridiculously dangerous with dire consequences for brain and nervous systems as players age ... yet Americans cling to this physically violent "game" ... I guess in our money-mad decadence we require gladiatorial entertainment as badly as the ancient Romans did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe pinstripes should be incorporated in the uniform since the ND players can't keep themselves out of trouble. I do have to applaud Brian Kelly for disciplining his crew; sometimes players get the idea that they can get away with whatever just because they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just go b-s crazy on this. Someone should. Maybe you'll get alums to band together. At least get those damn helmets off the field. Whew...guess I need an AC to hold me in check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what the kerfuffle is about, but it's our right as Americans to spout off about whatever the heck we want...so you go ahead and get as riled about the uniforms as you want. =)

    ReplyDelete