Feb 13, 2012

THE PEAS ARE BACK IN THE FREEZER

Thank you for all of your kind and comforting comments about my little mishap. No worries, though, I have a very very hard head, and me being me means that I am quite used to these crazypants shenanigans.

(Stewey, however, now insists on the purchase of a MedAlert bracelet.)

(I think he just wants to hear me say "I've fallen and I can't get up", but what do I know?)

Here are a few pics of some of the stitchy-ness that happened over the weekend. I'm happy to report that the Winter/Spring Conflict of 2012 is starting to dissolve and that I'm able to stitch away without feeling too much angst, but in the event the Weather Channel is listening....FIX IT! On behalf of seasonal stitchers everywhere, may I just say that we have more winter stuff to do before we break out the Easter bunnies?!


I finally finished all of the block borders on Laura J. Perin's Stained Glass Windows. Now it's on to the fun part!

Aunt Chrissy is working on this one at the moment too, and because I'm still stuck in Single White Female mode, I just had to stitch it along with her.

If my arms didn't get so tired from holding these ginormous q-snaps, I'd probably have this one done already! It really is quite lovely to stitch, but my shoulders are getting a real workout!

Remember this one? It's a freebie chart from Laura J. Perin called This Heart's For You. I am in LOVE with that Watercolours color (which is Geranium), so I figured this would be perfect to play with tonight and tomorrow.
Hope your Monday is a happy one! Woo Hoo!

18 comments:

  1. loving the BOAF design...and the Drawn Thread piece looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie - I whacked my head a few years ago - so hard I saw stars! It was just after the death of Liam Neeson's wife who'd suffered a head injury while skiing and didn't go to the MD after. I started having spells where my head spun - worse than an all-nighter! So I went to the Dr. Turns out I'd knocked some crystals loose in my inner ear - the ones responsible for helping my brain know where my butt was. All I'm saying is if you start having spells - worse than usual, of course, please go to the Dr. I'd sure miss all the laughter you bring to me each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to see your progres on stained glass window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling back up to par (whatever that is). Stitching looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects, Coni!! I really love the Drawn Thread Valentine. The colors are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were not hurt too badly. I did the same thing a few weeks ago with the fuzzy socks. Slid in the kitchen and went down hard on one knee. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, you do all your stitching in your hands? I am so impressed because of the number of pieces you finish, but also how beautiful your stitching is...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!!

    My hubby got me a lap stand for christmas from stitchers paradise in florida. Its the BEST THING EVER!! It is just like qsnap but made by a different company in the u.k., only a few shops in the usa sell it.

    Sits comfy on my lap/table without the strain of trying to hold the frame. The bonus is that you actually get two sizes in one stand, just flip it over! Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're better and looking forward to seeing some progress on your valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coni-Your work is beautiful as always. I would like to know if your prefer working with canvas over linen? It seems that you work both equally? I am still so new to all of this and right now I prefer canvas. I don't believe that I would even know where to begin if I was to have to do something on linen. I am still waiting on you to start an internet class. Do you see that in the stars?, and I don't mean the ones that were floating around your head when you banged it!!! I need help!!! ANY TAKERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear that you're feeling better!

    I'm a cross stitcher but have taken a needlepoint introduction class from EGA. Loving the LJP Heart chart. I couldn't find it so I'm thinking it's no longer available. I thought it would be a good "first" project. I'll keep looking for something. Like the pink canvas and the threads you've selected.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are better! Coni, really you should consider a floor stand. It holds the q-snaps or scroll frame or whatever for you. I have fibromyalgia so I have to be really careful with my body mechanics, and either a floor stand or a lap stand really help. (I also have a lap stand that I take with me when I am away from home for work...as I always must stitch wherever I am!)

    Debbie in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you're better!! Perhaps you should get a Med-Alert bracelet and put little Stewey's mind at ease!!

    I'm looking forward to watching your progress on the stained glass piece!!

    Cathy from KY in CA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm working on B my Valentine, too! Just love it!

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. All gorgeous projects!!!! I especially love the BOAF piece ;-).

    Glad you are okay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm waiting for your progress on This Heart's For You! I also made that design - this is my first needlepoint project:) You can see it on my blog: http://cyberjulka.blogspot.com/2012/02/needlepoint-by-cyber-julka.html. Hugs from Poland!:)

    Cyber Julka
    http://cyberjulka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful blog you have here, I happened by via a link at Debbie's Cross Stitch and I'm so glad I did. You have a sweet sense of humor and your darling Stewey is quite lucky to have you in his life. I'm a cat person but my dear unmarried sister's two widdle doggies love their auntie, so I guess I'm a good egg for all animals. Glad to know you are better, I am nodding my head in empathy. I slipped in the bath last year and scared myself silly with how bad it could have been - I did have a minor concussion. And about those socks, while comfy and cozy, are definitely only for sitting comfortably in your stitching place and enjoying a rest. Definitely not for walking. Love your projects too!

    ReplyDelete