Jun 5, 2011

OH FOR THE LOVE OF......

Tomorrow is the three year anniversary of this here blog. You would think that after three years I would have figured out how to use this silly machine, but alas, I remain....an eegit.

Let me very firstlymost apologize for that stupid type font on the bright orange background. The only good news is that I, too, got a screaming headache as I squinted my way through trying to read all of my drivel, so you weren't alone in your pain. I think I might have fixed it with this new font, but I am always open to feedback.

Madame Flat Grandma has decided that running errands with Aunt Chrissy and I is not exactly what she had hoped her vacation to be, so we are re-shuffling the decks around here trying to find suitable things to do. We will be visiting local attractions in the coming days, but it might take awhile to get my proverbial head out of my proverbial heiney, so to speak. So there won't be any fascinating updates tomorrow in the event that you were setting your alarm clocks or anything. Instead, FG has taken herself up to the studio with a cold beverage, and asked not to be disturbed until Wednesday (or thereabouts). Please stay tuned.

Stewey send his love and affection. We had a rather amusing incident moments ago as the Boston fern decided to pee about seven gallons of water all over the hardwood. I stood there with the empty watering can, gawping in amazement as the torrent of water poured down, and I swear I heard Stewey giggling behind his little paw. As I stomped off to the garage for the mop and bucket I also caught him congratulating Louie (that's the name of the fern, don't you know) for doing the one thing that REALLY torks my pajamas on a Sunday morning. Damn dog.

Here's hoping that YOUR Sunday is off to a better start than ours and that you're doing whatever it is that you most want to do!

10 comments:

  1. The good news about older people is that they take life as it comes, and are only in a big rush to get things done once they hear the clock ticking. Good news, Muriel is deaf and thinks she will live forever. Take your time; I certainly did. (Though losing the passport, how is that my fault?) I think Muriel's trip should be the opposite of the travelling pattern. With those, you try to finish up as fast as you can. With Muriel, I think we should just take it as it comes.

    PS Did that bitch eat all the peanut chews before the package arrived in Indiana? She warned me she might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Muriel will be more than compensated by several days in your stash! I know I would be. Love the new bright colours on your blog... so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to laugh! If I had a nickle for everytime a plant decided I was watering too much and threw it up on the floor, I'd be a rich woman today! :D Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo so its not just me then with the watering incidents ..lol ... grannies like to take their time doing stuff .. she may be jet lagged ??? ..lol love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my Boston fern does the same thing.
    Good thing mine is outside on the porch. It can pee all it wants out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you be taking Grandma sight seeing in Hoosierville? I know there are a FEW great things to see in IN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg....the imaginary picture of your doggy high-fiving the fern is hilarious.
    Looking forward to see how Muriel (took me a while to figure out who she is) enjoys her stay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's just downright funny about Stewey and the fern! He probably was giggling too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3rd blogoversary Coni and Stewey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh.... Boston Ferns need to be watered.... no wonder mine always died!

    Try entertaining FF with a glass of wine and a Suduku book - works when my Mom comes to visit!

    Happy Blog-ee-versary!

    ReplyDelete