TO: Company That Made This Year's Flu Shot
FM: The Spinster Stitcher
RE: Effectiveness of said flu shot
With best regards,
The Spinster Stitcher
OK, before you tell me that the flu shot will not PREVENT you from getting the flu, it will only LESSEN the flu symptoms, may I just say a big fat PHOOEY TO YOU before you even get started? I. Am. Miserable.
Fortunately for me, I come equipped with my very own Spinster Stitcher FluPalooza 2011 Emergency Kit:
What. You didn't expect me to leave him OUT now, did you? In my very humble (and somewhat twisted opinion), there is absolutely NOTHING that helps ease the suffering like a warm sleeping puppy. (And yes, within two seconds of taking this pic, both the warm sleeping puppy and I were headed to the big girl sleigh bed for some serious afternoon snoozy napping.)
And what would the flu be without all of THIS?:1) A pashmina. Go out and get yourself a real live genuine pashmina that is made from no less than 80% silk and no less than 20% wool that is gathered from the chin of a specific kind of goat. (I'd love to tell you that I splurged on myself with this, but the fact is that my pashmina was a gift from a friend who bought gifts for me that were unlike anything I ever could have imagined and/or afforded to buy for myself). Now take your pashmina and wrap it around you and just feel the comfy love.
2) A great book (hello Steve Martin), and a set of DVDs that you never get tired of watching (Oh, Tony. Wherefore art thou, Tony?).
3) Comfort cosmetics....some Gingerbread man bath bubbles and lotion, Clinique moisture surge, and Lypsyl lip stuff.
4) Tissues. Lots and lots of tissues.
5) Chicken noodle soup. (Duh).
6) Lemon drops, jelly beans, and vitamin C drops.
7) Sport Tea. (I drink this stuff by the GALLONS! and have done so for the last 20 years.)
Lots of stitching has been happening, but I'll show you later....right now I just want to go smack my head on the pavement a few times to see if I can get my wits about me. Stewey sends his love and thanks to y'all, and I second that emotion! I'll be up and back at 'em real soon...I promise!