Dec 2, 2010

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? YOU NOT ONLY DARE ME, BUT YOU DOUBLE DOG DARE ME?!

Before we start talking about all of the crap that I didn't do in 2010, let's start thinking about all of the crap that I most certainly will do in 2011.

1. I will sleep with impunity. And if that means that the only reason I leave the confines of my warm and comfy sleighbed is to re-stock the provisions or to use the powder room, then so be it.

2. I will eat with impunity. This means that if hotdogs and lime jello sounds good to me at 8:30 in the morning, then hot dogs and lime jello it shall be.

3. I will watch bad TeeVee with impunity. (I had to put this one in there as a shameless justification for sitting in the Happy Chair until 3am riveted to Celebrity Rehab.)

4. I will wallow in slumps with impunity. Stitchy slumps, exercise slumps, bed-making, laundry folding, dishwasher emptying slumps...anything that slumps will be allowed to grow and fester and morph into a complete way of life without one single bit of guilt, shame, or despair.

5. I will waste time on the internets with impunity...reading anything and everything I want to and writing and not writing anything I don't. I'll catch up on celebrity gossip, will learn all about some whacky and obscure factoid that will only be relevant to me for seven minutes, and I will drool over, ogle, and lust after anything and everything I see on stitchy blogs until my eyeballs bleed with the sheer loveliness of it all.

OK. So that's a good start.

For more of an idea of what's rattling around in my skull with very little brain, go to: http://minnanharrastukset.blogspot.com/2010/11/ristipistohassutus2011.html to see if you might want to join up. I'm seriously thinking about it. But do you suppose that I could decide that 11 would be the magic number instead of 15? (You know...11 for 2011.) (Oh, and that way you get to start 11 new projects and then have one whole month in which you panic over the fact that your started projects now outnumber your non-started projects.) (By a factor of fifteen.)

So give it some thought, won't you? Why don't we all make it the Year of Impunity together?

That way, I won't feel so guilty about never leaving the sleigh bed and eating all of that lime jello.

17 comments:

  1. Um, me thinks Stewey is going to have a problem with the bed one, and go pee on the drapes.

    You know that start new projects would normally sound like a plan for me, however, I have around 30 started WIPs just in cross stitch alone. This doesn't include my knitting, crochet, quilting, spinning and seed beading. Yes, I think I might be here a few hundred years finishing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not?

    BTW, have you read any of the needlework mysteries by Monica Ferris? I am rereading "Crewel Yule" at the moment. A sure cure for the stitchy slumps! And there is a freebie Tree ornament pattern at the end of the book...I could easily start 15 projects in December...I'll have to save some for Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but that lime jello sounds so good....and I just happen to have a sleigh bed.

    ZZZzzzzzzz..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pushed over the edge too, so you will be in good company.

    Hopefully Stewey's retaliation won't be too severe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you, Coni. I will start searching out 11 projects to begin in January. Will quilting and knitting projects count or just stitchy ones? BTW, I have been living a life of impunity since I retired. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I do this I can't tell anyone. My friends will have me locked away on the 5th floor somewhere. Holy COW! Maybe I should take 15 of my 90 UFOs and just say I started them this year. OMG! I can't believe I am going to do this! Pass a paper bag. I can't breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of the Crazy January Challenge crazies.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. and what does Master Stewey Angus Willowswamp have to say about this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on ya girl. Enjoy every day of 2011 with impunity. Master Stewey Willowswamp has nothing to worry about. He will be able to help you dine on lime jello and other delicious goodies whenever it suits, to keep you company. Now, I must start sorting through my new projects for 2011 that have been waiting for attention for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your Year of Impunity idea. It sounds to me like a year with no self-imposed guilt, which could make us all happier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE you blog- it gives me a good chuckle always... but have you changed servers or something- I have a few friends who have not been able to access your blog for a few days and they are suffering severe Stewey withdrawal-help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The CJC (Crazy January Challenge) sounds wonderful, but I have about 63 projects already started!! That includes cross-stitch, needlepoint, knitting, quilting, and on and on.

    Not that THAT will stop me from joining...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the world would be a better place with a little impunity (of course, obeying laws and such). I think I am the queen of self-guilt! I did chuckle out loud with the thought of you, Stewey, lime jello and hot dogs in the sleigh bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2011 the year of impunity! I will not be doing the crazy 15 challenge though... way too much for me. I have decided that 2011 is the year of the big book... I will read... say... 11, large large books. War and Peace is on the list, and The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and Democracy in America (haven't read that since college) As for the rest of 2011... I vow to do what I want... and do it with impunity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is the best. I laugh out loud. Thank you very much for always brightening my day. As for the 2011 challenge... I'm in. I love a challenge and this just might be what I need to actually finish things. Let's do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did sign up for the challenge as did a host of other crazies. I will never finish 15 project in a year as I am a very slow stitcher but then you never know...

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete