Apr 19, 2010

BACKGROUND CHECK

A rather quiet weekend was had by all here in Hoosierville. I'd love to tell you that my house is sparkly clean and that the laundry is washed, dried, folded, and put away, but y'all know me too well to pull that one off.

On the Love canvas I'm doing the background first. This is different than what I normally do (I usually stitch the middles and then add the background last), but for some reason it seemed like it would be easier this way. Compensating has been a real bear, but somehow I've managed to get those stitches on there without completely obliterating the letters too much. I even thought about making a copy of this canvas and then stitching the backgrounds right over the letters and then adding them on top, but I chickened out at the last minute and went with this method instead.

(I swear I'm going to take a class one of these days so that I can stop futzing my way through every single painted canvas project!)

Stewey is feeling much much better and thanks you very much for your kind wishes for his recovery. I'm super glad that I got him started early this year, since his allergies can be bad enough to cause his little face to get completely raw and chapped. Believe me when I tell you that we do NOT like Prednisone in this house (someday I'll tell you all about it), but for now the low low low dose seems to be working very well.

That's the report for today! I'm off like a herd of turtles to the laundry room!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that Stewey is feeling better! Allergies can be such a burden in one's life.

    I am so envious of your stitching and am loving every single picture you post of your progress. On this one, you almost don't need to fill in the letters! They pop all on their own. I can't wait to see the final product...

    ReplyDelete