Feb 16, 2010

I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

After I finished Shepherd's Bush Thoughtful Heart I futzed around and decided to complete the next lesson on my CyberWorkshop with Orna Willis. Here's my latest progress on Cirque de Fleur:
This really is a lot of fun to stitch, and I am especially loving the colors! Who knew that I could do Jessicas and Crescents without breaking a sweat? Woo Hoo!

I was sitting in the Happy Chair thinking about what to stitch next when I started thinking about how much I really enjoyed the Shepherd's Bush piece. Just as I was saying "Gee, isn't it too bad that I don't have a Shepherd's Bush kit with an American theme..." it hit me! Aunt Chrissy and I took a class last year with the SB girls....and the theme...wait for it...was Americana! So another big fat WOO HOO fell out of my face as I rushed upstairs to the basket.

Here's My Land by Shepherd's Bush: I believe that this will be released at the Nashville Market this weekend, so you can call up your very own LNS and order to your heart's content! (If I'm wrong about this, I do sincerely apologize and hope that I won't get smacked for showing a design that was supposed to be kept secret until the actual release date.) (I'm kind of a boob in this way.)

Olympic watching continues with My Land humming right along for company. I didn't expect to enjoy these games so much, but so far I'm riveted. First off, let's all give a great big WOO HOO to Canada! Please allow me to weigh in as the rube in the Midwestern United States who had no idea how very stunningly beautiful your stuff was up there! Way to go, Canada! Y'all have some great stuff!

As to my opinion of the athletes...well...all I have to say about them is that they must all be completely nuts. Either that, or they were all born without the fear gene anywhere in their bodies. Kind of like soldiers or policemen or firemen or neurosurgeons or toddlers. Wow wee, but these people are amazing. I really am in complete awe of anybody who would willingly do what they do.

I had my very own laundry Olympics yesterday, and I am pleased to report that I captured the gold! WOO HOO (what's with all the WOO HOO'S in this post?)! I washed, dried, folded, and put away eight loads of laundry and there is nary a pair of dirty socks in this entire house! I don't think that's happened since 1982, so I am going to go celebrate with a nice vat of dietCoke and a few hours of blog reading!

Have a WOO HOO day!

18 comments:

  1. Coni, Cirque de Fleur is absolutely beautiful - I love the colors in this, they are so vivid.

    And, I love SB piece - they do have great charts, don't they!

    Congrats on winning the Gold in Laundry, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that C de F piece is going to be a show stopper!! Stunning, I say, stunning! And how lucky are you to go from one SB piece you loved straight into another, perfectly timed for the seasons? You must be pleasing the stitchy gods somehow...maybe it's a reward for all the house cleaning and laundry you've done lately. Way to go! Hope your roll continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, no one has ever given me a Gold for laundry! What am I doing wrong??? I just love your Cirque de Fleur piece. Aren't those Jessicas a thing to be reasoned with sometimes. Seems I always forget how to do them and have to practice a couple of times.

    Love the new SB kit. I hope it's coming out soon. If not - well, we'll have to deal with you in some way! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cirque de Fleur is beautiful. I saw it at guild in another colorway. Orna's pictures did not do this piece justice. Seeing everyone's progress makes me realize how beautiful this piece really is. Enjoy your Olympic stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!

    Love reading your blog! Nice stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Coni!! I love your canvas work class. It's beautiful - the colors, the design, everything! I really like your SB kit too. It is supposed to come out soon. I saw it in the latest Needlework trade magazine when I was at Amy's (Down Sunshine Lane). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colors on Cirque de Fleur. It's like a little touch of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful stitches....

    i need to do laundry.....ugh...i think i will peruse blogs a little longer....look stewey up ahead..gotta go

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually gasped when I saw the first picture...that is stunning Coni...now you have my clicky finger twitching with the my land possibly being released this weekend...oh yikes...off to take a vitamin and a shot of Jack Daniels so I forget....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coni, You make me laugh everyday I think. Where do you come up with this stuff? The olympic trials were extremely funny. Then this business with Master Stewey - too much.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, My Land is going to be released at Nashville. LOVE. IT. I am so buying that kit. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Coni,

    Sorry to reply here about Cindy, but I don't have your email address. Mine is nicoleneville@gtmail by the way. Here's the link for Cindy's alternative lettering....

    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562287066fVItwN

    Unfortunately, she hasn't done it for My Land yet, but probably will after it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. That's gmail, not gtmail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your Laundry Gold! I aspire to such heights.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo! Such pretty pieces. Sounds like you're enjoying the Olympics as much as I do. I even like curling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stitching Coni. And thank you for the wonderful comments on the Country I call my home :) You should see it in the summer time :)

    ReplyDelete