Jun 6, 2008

THE SPINSTER STITCHER'S HAPPY CHAIR



This is a very old, very overstuffed chair that sits in my living room. You just might get a glimpse of my bookshelves to the left of the chair....reading happens to be another passion of mine.

I know it's not very attractive, but the black table is actually a $7 TV tray from Target with a nail pounded into its side for my floss ring. The coffee cup is an oldie from Michael's that I just can't get rid of....I think it holds about 36 ounces!

I have a packed "necessary" that I carry to classes and retreats with tools and gadgets, but for daily stitching, I manage to put all of my stuff into the long little basket: magnifying glasses, lip gloss, a nail file, etc. I keep my scissors in the outside pockets of my "bucket", which is the blue thing you see on the bigger round table. The bucket also collects all of my orts.

I'd love to tell you that I observe proper stitching posture, but the truth is that I sit with one leg on the ottoman and the other hiked up and usually over Stewey. I figure that I'll keep hiking as long as I can.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in sincerely jealous of that chair and of all your gadgets...
    but as I said to another fellow stitcher today...Jealous - only in a good way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair looks so comfy,and I am jealous of your bookcase :0)

    ReplyDelete